My Blog List

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Evaluating Your Game Plan Progress

My aim for this week is to download at least two videos about the events of Christmas and another video pertaining to culture or a topical issue. Then I plan to ask my students to listen to the videos and discuss in small groups what they have watched. I will also give my students a topic from the videos to debate the pros and cons of the target topic. Then I plan to video my students as they work in groups and make their presentation. Since my classroom is not wired with the Internet, I will need to download a program that will allow me download videos and play them while offline. This is something new for me to explore even though I have always wanted to but now I feel I need to be a more assertive digital citizen and take my game plan seriously. In the words of Mike Trout, “Technology is ruled by two types of people: those who manage what they do not understand, and those who understand what they do not manage.” I believe I fall some where among those two categories but I want to gradually feel empowered to make use of what I already know and build on that which I need to know.

1 comment:

  1. Kerry-Ann,

    I admire your tolerance of not having Internet access from your classroom, and it sounds as if you are still doing a great job of incorporating technology into your students' learning as best as you can.

    Have you heard of Discovery Education's United Streaming site (http://streaming.discoveryeducation.com/)? It is a marvelous resource for instructional videos. I don't know if it is a legit thing to do, but email me at Walden if you need to borrow my login a couple times to support your educational ventures. I think of it as the very best advertisement for Discovery Education!

    It would be awesome if you would post some of your classroom video footage for us to see! ;)

    Trina

    ReplyDelete